Sunday, July 13, 2008

Teal Chinoiserie

Welcome everyone to my new blog.

My name is Norbie, originally from the Philippines and now resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. I moved from San Diego to sunny Las Vegas in March, 2003. It was another huge move for me, leaving behind another lifestyle I tried so much adapting to.

I share a house on the outskirts of the valley with my life partner and significant other Nick along with our adopted 6 year old cat Bandita. My job as a Palliative Care Nurse can be physically and emotionally taxing yet it has made me appreciate life even at its less finer moments.

Las Vegas is a town which never in my life would ever consider home. Its spellbounding vast monochromatic landscapes of terracotta and granite-like rock formations are mesmerizing but I very much miss the "greens". I love lush trees, grass, meadows and rose bushes. I miss getting dirt in my nails and mud-covered boots. I miss the smell of thick freshly chucked conifers and the aroma of sap and tree blossoms.

Suburban living is another dagger to my heart. I was raised differently by my humble parents. We had our own chicken coop and had a vegetable garden in every corner. I fed the chickens and pigs that would soon end on our dinner table. Now I might have had the chance to have it all in California but I never really had a home of my own to make it happen.

I did however found my dream home. I am at a point in my life where I can say "life is good". This blog would be a reminder for me to look at my life at a distant and offer validation that life is indeed good.

Teal Chinoiserie represents my perspective about life. Glam and culture with vintage elegance. It is how I perceive things around me: intricate and elaborate yet sophisticatedly subtle.

So again welcome and thank you for taking the time to join me with my everyday journey. Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Bulaga! Found you, nice poem about your father!
    Will you please stop tempting me and just bake me some cookies! How about polvorone? (:

    ReplyDelete